Newest supercarrier, the U.S.S. Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78), was delivered to the US Navy on May 31st, 2017
Nearly 8 years after the keel was laid, the USS Gerald R Ford was delivered to the US Navy on May 31st, 2017. The supercarrier is the first of the Gerald R Ford-class aircraft carriers.
- Displacement: About 100,000 long tons (110,000 short tons; 100,000 tonnes) (full load)
- Length: 1,106 ft (337 m)
- Beam: 134 ft (41 m) (waterline) – 256 ft (78 m) (flight deck)
- Height: nearly 250 ft (76 m)
- Decks: 25
- Installed power: Two A1B nuclear reactors
- Propulsion: Four shafts
- Speed: In excess of 30 knots (56 km/h; 35 mph)
- Range: Unlimited distance; 20–25 years
- Complement: Up to 5,000+
- Aircraft carried: More than 75
- Aviation facilities: 1,092 ft × 256 ft (333 m × 78 m) flight deck
* The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Guns & Tactics Magazine,
the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.