Photo Credit: Down Range Photography
President Trump is Ready to Start Reversing Obama Gun Control
The first of President Obama’s Executive Actions to be removed is his attempt to effectively outlaw gun collecting:
Via Gun Owners of America:
Obama’s anti-gun "executive action" was announced on January 6, 2016 – in the wake of Obama’s unsuccessful attempt to scapegoat law-abiding gun owners for the actions of a Muslim terrorist in San Bernardino.
Obama’s action was implemented as a "clarification" because he knew that his lawless moves could never pass muster under the rule-making procedures of the Administrative Procedures Act.
Under Obama’s now-moribund "clarification," a gun owner could have been imprisoned for up to five years and fined $250,000 for "only one or two [firearms] transactions," according to a White House fact sheet.
Note that, under Clinton, tens of thousands of licensees lost their licenses because they didn’t have "brick-or- mortar" stores. Now, in a Clinton/Obama Mutt-and- Jeff routine, Obama proposed to imprison hobbyists who didn’t have licenses because the government refused to issue licenses to them.
Hence, a hobbyist who bought a firearm one day and sold it the next day at a profit could go to prison for five years. Obviously, the intent was to create such a cloud of ambiguity that gun owners would refrain from constitutionally protected activity (private firearms sales), for fear that they would run afoul of Obama’s amorphous rules.
This is a good start to undo the damage President Obama did to lawful gunowners, but there is much more to do:
Gun Owners of America is optimistic that this is only the first in a series of Trump actions overturning illegal Obama actions. We are also asking for Trump administration action:
- Removing the U.S. from the Anti-Gun UN Arms Trade Treaty;
- Repealing bullet and gun import bans going from Obama back to George H. W. Bush’s semi-auto import ban;
- Repealing the suspension of health privacy laws with respect to gun owners;
- Repealing executive actions encouraging doctors to inquire about gun ownership and to enter this information into a federal health database;
- Restoring gun rights for 257,000 law-abiding veterans;
- Repealing Obama’s efforts to strip Social Security recipients of their guns, merely because a guardian processes their checks.
* The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Guns & Tactics Magazine,
the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.