PEORIA, Ariz. – Apex Tactical Specialties is pleased to announce it is opening up another round of pre-ordering for its 5.00″ LongSlide for the FN 509. Pre-ordering begins today, Friday, July 2, 2021.
Designed by Apex’s engineering team and manufactured at the company’s state-of-the-art Arizona manufacturing facility, the new custom longslide assembly is packed with features. The fully machined slide is optics ready with the RMR pattern cut. It’s lightened to mimic factory slide mass with both front and rear cocking serrations. The sight dovetails accept FN sights.
The slide comes fully assembled with Apex’s Heavy Duty Striker, the Apex Failure Resistant Extractor and an Apex premium hammer-forged 9mm barrel with a 1:10” twist rate. Customers can select between a standard length 5.00” barrel or a 1/2-28 threaded barrel with thread protector and captive O-ring. All internal slide components and a yellow recoil assembly are included.
While red dot ready, the slide is shipped with either standard height XS 3-Dot night sights or suppressor height sights (black/black), depending on the customer’s preference. The slides will be available in nickel teflon, black or FDE finish.
This slide is complete, fully assembled and ready to shoot.
Features and Specifications:
- 9mm Hammer-Forged Premium Barrel (Threaded or Standard)
- Apex Heavy Duty Striker
- Apex Failure Resistant Extractor
- RMR Pattern Optic Cut w/ Cover Plate
- Standard XS 3-Dot Night Sights or Black/Black Suppressor Sights
- Front & Rear Cocking Serrations
- Nickel Teflon, Black or FDE Finish
- MSRP: $700.00 (complete)
The 5.00” custom longslide is just one of several Apex aftermarket upgrades designed specifically for the FN 509 series of pistols.
For more information about Apex Tactical Specialties, visit www.ApexTactical.com, like Apex Tactical on Facebook or follow @ApexTactical on Instagram or Twitter. Instructional videos on the installation of Apex parts are available on Apex’s YouTube, Full30 and GunStreamer channels.
Want more posts like this one? Subscribe to Guns & Tactics to receive email updates and special offers direct to your inbox!
– The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Guns & Tactics, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
– Affiliate Disclaimer: Guns and Tactics is reader/viewer supported. This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.