Fort Worth, Texas: CMC Triggers, the original manufacturer of the AR Drop-in Trigger Group since 2003, today announced the release of the CMC Triggers Suppressor Optimized Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group for the New Hornady 6mm ARC is designed for shooters who demand superior performance weapon components in the heart of their firearm. CMC Triggers manufactures the highest quality firearms components in the industry.
Carrier Assembly: The flared rear of the enhanced bolt carrier is designed to reduce carrier tilt/cant during recoil and increasing reliability by strategically relocating key bearing surfaces.
The CMC enhanced carrier has fewer points of contact resulting in less friction area and the increase in mass ensures proper gas pressures and increases dwell time, thus improving extraction while shooting suppressed or short-barreled rifles (SBRs)
- Case-hardened 8620 steel (complete care is taken during the heat treat process, so as to not harm the metal).
- 3 forward ports, enlarged to allow overpressure to escape.
- Optimized for suppressor use.
- Black Nitride Finish.
- 4130 Steel, attached with Grade 8 hardware, torqued and properly staked into a milled “valley” around a fully encased ejection port area, for added strength and rigidity.
- Hardened 4340 cam pin.
- Fully chamfered cam pin channel.
- Mil-Spec firing pin made of AISI 8740 steel, center-less ground and Hard Chrome coated.
Bolt Assembly: The Bolt is “true” Mil-Spec dimension and external surfaces are CNC ground after heat treat for a precision fit. The bolt is machined to the 6mm ARC (Advanced Rifle Cartridge) Hornady factory round spec. These bolts are held to the highest possible tolerance possible. Outside critical dimensions held to .0005”. The “trumpet” area behind the gas rings, where carbon normally collects, is precision CNC Ground after heat treatment, to ensure as smooth of an area as possible, easing clean up, and longevity.
- 9310 Case Hardened Steel.
- All Bolt components Shot Peened & Black Nitride coated.
- 4340 Steel, Manganese Phosphate coated.
- Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI) and High Pressure Tested (HPT).
- Black Nitride low friction coating.
- Mil-Spec Billet Extractor Spring & CRANE O-Ring Upgrade.
- 6mm ARC Advanced Rifle Cartridge from Hornady Bolt. 6ARC Specific.
Black Nitride Finish: The process commonly referred to anonymously with SBN (Salt bath nitride) and sometimes QPQ (quench polish quench). All of these are a form of nitrocarburizing which is a chemical hardening of steel in short.
- Increased wear resistance
- Improved fatigue strength
- Exceptional lubricity and low friction coefficient.
- Withstand corrosion per ASTM spec B117
- Improved lubricity
- Enhanced cosmetic appeal
- Better corrosion protection at an equivalent or lower costs than hard chrome-nickel plating
The New 6mm ARC (Advanced Rifle Cartridge) from Hornady is a game-changer in the AR15 world. Allowing AR15 configured rifles chambered in the 6ARC to reach out to 1000 Yards with ease. The 6mm ARC 108gr boasts and exceptional G1 .536 Ballistic Coefficient.
Like all CMC Trigger’s products, this is exceptionally well made, much more durable than the standard Mil-Spec AR15 BCG, and includes CMC’s Satisfaction Guarantee and Lifetime Warranty.
CMC AR-15 6mm ARC BCG’s are shipping now to dealers and distributors across the country and are expected to move quickly. Anyone interested in acquiring their own CMC AR-15 6mm ARC BCG should act now and contact their local dealer.
For more information on the CMC Suppressor Optimized Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group for 6mm ARC or other products offered by CMC Triggers, please visit www.cmctriggers.com
Looking for more on all the latest? Check out our News section to catch up.
Want more posts like this one? Subscribe to Guns & Tactics to receive email updates and special offers direct to your inbox!