When Dave first set his hands on the Magpul Pro 700 at SHOT Show 2018 he knew it looked nice. Well, in this video he takes a first look and builds up a pretty sweet looking bolt gun. Check out the features, quality and assembly of this chassis that offers quite a lot for the shooter.
- Type III hard anodized machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum V-bedding block, body, adjustment knobs and forend with high strength injection molded polymer body covers
- Ambidextrous bedding block can be changed by swapping the QD sling swivel plate and bolt cut out plate for left or right hand actions using a 1/8” hex wrench
- Folding stock with push-button activated durable steel hinge with Melonite® finish is reversible for left or right folding capability with the use of a 5/32” hex wrench. A fixed stock adapter is available for a non-folding stock solution
- Folding stock is also designed to avoid interference with the bolt handle when folded and is compatible with a large variety of aftermarket bolt knobs and handles
- Optional inline mount for clip-on night vision and thermal imaging devices
- Overall LOP adjustment range is 13.25” – 15.125”
- Butt pad height can be adjusted up 1.33” and down .90” and is adjustable left or right 5 degrees
- Comb height adjustment has a 1” range with a secondary locking knob to eliminate movement in the cheek riser
- Cheek riser features a 3-position fore/aft adjustment of +.375”, 0” and -.375” which can also be changed for left or right side usage
- Injection molded polymer grip with 5 degree forward edge sweep and enlarged palm swell with 7 degree aft edge sweep, with a .75” fore/aft trigger reach adjustment
- Additional grip option included with a more aggressive forward sweep (8 degree forward / 20 degree aft edge sweep)
- Durable steel rotation limited QD sling swivel mounts with Melonite® finish fits up to 1.5” push button swivels
- M-LOK® slots for accessory mounting on the forend (left-6/right-6/bottom-7) and the stock (bottom-2)
- Integrated AICS pattern magazine well optimized for PMAG® 5 & PMAG® 10 7.62 AC™ magazines as well as most other AICS pattern short action magazines
- Large trigger guard allows for use with gloves and accepts most factory and aftermarket curved or flat triggers
- Low-profile, anti-snag ambidextrous magazine release is made of Melonite® treated steel for wear and corrosion resistance
- Ambidextrous thumb shelf for firing hand thumb placement
- Two ¼-28×1/2” Socket Head Cap Screws are included for use as action screws
Looking to build your own Magpul Pro 700? Check them out HERE then show us your build by tagging us on social media.
Be sure to check out more from our First Look library.