The PDX from Maxim Defense has proven to be an extraordinarily popular design over the last few years, but it has certainly never been known as a “budget” firearm. They have now launched the “MD-1505”, to make a more affordable AR-15 style PDX available. Though similar to the PDX in size and capability, the PDX has MILSPEC forged receivers and a different handguard. With the SCW stock, SCW brace, and SCW pistol system options, there should be a version available for most conceivable needs.
Maxim Defense had this to say,
Maxim Defense MD-1505
When you’re looking for Maxim Defense PDX ingenuity in a standard AR-15 package, the MD-1505 is your answer. The MD-1505 was engineered to bring our top-tier PDX package to an even more affordable price point.
Starting at the muzzle, each MD-1505 is equipped with the patented Maxim HATEBRAKE muzzle device, which reduces recoil, decreases flash signature, pushes gasses, and concussion wave downrange away from the operator. All of which improve overall performance in short barrel pistols and rifles.
For increased comfort and versatility every MD-1505 features our free-floating Slimline Handguard. These handguards provide a monolithic-like upper receiver platform and M-Slot compatibility on five sides. At the rear, the MD-1505S is equipped with our SCW Stock for the ultimate in compactness, comfort, and versatility.
- MOA accurate
- Free-floating Maxim Slimline handguard
- Military-grade materials
- SCW compact stock
- Increased reliability due to included HATEBRAKE
- Optimized for low flash signature
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Ambidextrous selector
- CALIBERS 5.56 NATO, .300BLK, 7.62×39
- BARREL LENGTH 5.5” / 139.7mm
- MUZZLE VELOCITY 5.56 NATO, 62gr: 1965 FPS avg. .300 BLK, 115gr: 1850 FPS avg. 7.62×39, 124gr: 1675 FPS avg.
- OVERALL LENGTH 18.75” / 476.25mm
» MD-1505S «
» MD-1505SPB «
» MD-1505SPS «
MD is well aware that “affordable” is an extremely subject term. Those who will immediately react negatively to the MSRP, know this: Maxim Defense has never sacrificed quality for a reduction in cost. Their description says more affordable, not “easily affordable” or any other permutation thereof. In the specific case of the MD-1505 vs. PDS, it is more affordable. That said, quality speaks for itself. The price point will not be for everyone.
Maxim Defense: Not built for safe queens.
Learn more at www.maximdefense.com/
Want more posts like this one? Subscribe to Guns & Tactics to receive email updates and special offers direct to your inbox!
– The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Guns & Tactics, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
– Affiliate Disclaimer: Guns and Tactics is reader/viewer supported. This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.