For those of you who want a flashlight mount that is tough as nails, lightweight and mounts directly to your rail without the use of a picatinny rail, then you may want to look at the mount offered from MHA Custom.
Dubbed the Brightshot, this light mount is designed to accommodate the majority of light designs on the market that have an outside diameter of .825” or 1”. The mount is specific to your rail and is available for most of the popular rails on the market with more model support becoming available this year.
The unique mounting design prevents the attachment screws from backing out enough for the mount to accidentally detach from the forearm even if the screws become loose.
- Designed and made in the USA from American parts and materials
- 6061 Aluminum with type III hardcoat anodized finish
- 2.5 – 3 oz. depending on model chosen
- Manufactured in an ISO 9001 certified machine shop
- Guaranteed satisfaction
Models available to fit the following free float tube forends:
- Geissele Automatics MK I and III
- Geissele Automatics MK II
- Midwest Industries Gen II
- Yankee Hill Machine Customizable
- JP Enterprises Slotted Modular Handguard
- Daniel Defense MFR
- Troy Industries V-tac Battle Rail
- Barnes Precision Ultralite Handguard
MHA custom sent us a mount for testing and evaluation on the Geissele Mk2 rail. The mount took about 5-minutes to install and was very solid, providing 360-degree contact on the light body. Our testing revealed the mount was very sturdy, lightweight and accommodated a multitude of tactical lights we threw at it.
MSRP is $75 bucks and you can get more info at MHA Custom.
[dcs_rounded_box padding=”15px” margin=”24px 0px 0px 0px”]
Want more posts like this one? Subscribe to Guns & Tactics Magazine to receive email updates and special offers direct to your inbox!